ClumsyMonkey.net

August 22nd, The Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL - Recording Available

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/23/2009, 11:25 am

sheenman wrote:I was one of the lucky few to attend the soundcheck in Chicago. Thank you again! Unfortunately Raine's throat was not doing good, so he was sleeping in the bus during it all. Steve, Jeremy, and Duncan played the following songs:

One Man Army
Paper Moon
The End Is Where We Begin
White Flags
Angels/Losing/Sleep
Clumsy

I requested Mafia to be played in the show but Jeremy said not this time, maybe in the winter... In the winter?!

They played Mafia for us at the soundcheck in Philly. They can play it perfectly on cue without practice so hopefully it makes it's way into the set.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby DG » 8/23/2009, 4:57 pm

shadowraven wrote:they're not playing that much more than previous years. In fact probably a lot less than 01/02.

I just thinking Raine finally realized he can't pull off falsetto as a "thing" every show anymore, so they moved away from it. Which sucks because that's their signature sound and what makes them different. I understand if it's not in the newer songs for this reason, it just bums me when I hear old songs played live without it because he can't hit it anymore :(

The performance I saw and the performances online all seem to have falsetto in the appropriate spot,.
DG

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/23/2009, 9:01 pm

@DG Me too... I've seen it and heard it. The more into the tour they get the more he seems to be using it. Maybe that's why his throat hurts :(
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/23/2009, 9:17 pm

I thought it was kind of cool in Cleveland, right where they skip over the bridge and go into the solo for Monkey Brains, Raine lets out a huge "WUUUUUUUHHHHA" in falsetto. It made me happy.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Tattooed Angels » 8/25/2009, 4:49 pm

shadowraven wrote:they're not playing that much more than previous years. In fact probably a lot less than 01/02.

I just thinking Raine finally realized he can't pull off falsetto as a "thing" every show anymore, so they moved away from it. Which sucks because that's their signature sound and what makes them different. I understand if it's not in the newer songs for this reason, it just bums me when I hear old songs played live without it because he can't hit it anymore :(

Yes they are.. They have never done this many radio performances and accoustic sets with the actual show. Raine and Steve sometimes are playing the same songs at least 2-3 times a day..not including the soundchecks.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Previous