ClumsyMonkey.net

Cafe Campus, Montreal

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Cafe Campus, Montreal

Postby Clumsythief » 7/13/2009, 5:56 pm

Anyone going? I didn't win in any contest but managed to get a pair on kijiji for 100$. Does anyone know if they will actually perform many songs or will they just perform a couple of songs on their new album and 1-2 classics? I just hope they play more than 15 songs.
Clumsythief

Postby Clumsythief » 7/15/2009, 9:48 pm

Back from the show. Did anyone go? I was disappointed a bit because they only played 9 songs and weren't not that energetic as usual except for Steve. My friend even said that Jeremy was speaking on his phone between songs (I did not see it tho). Maybe it's because it's a free show, but I paid 100$ for 2 tix on kijiji.

Setlist (not in order) if anyone cared:

Angel Losing Sleep
Clumsy
Paper Moon
Monkey Brains
The End is where we begin
Somewhere Out There
Innocent
All You Did Was Save My Life

Encore:
Naveed (some girls were requesting it all night long)
Clumsythief

Postby xjsb125 » 7/15/2009, 10:36 pm

You paid for tickets to a concert that was free?

Thanks for the setlist.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby BrûlezBrûlez » 7/20/2009, 1:00 pm

I went to this!
I won the passes from the CM/.cc contest!! :)

I thought it was an amazing show. Yeah it was really short. But I think it was meant to just be a little taste of the new album (since it's not even out yet). Most people there hadn't heard any of the new stuff.
I thought it was a great environment to see them in though. It was such a small venue, a really intimate show with a handfull of dedicated fans!

It also reinforced my excitement for the new album. The songs sounded amazing live (monkey brains was sick!). Steve's solo during Paper Moon was intense! And even AYD sounded great!

And they're coming back on the winter! So we can really look forward to an amazing show them!
BrûlezBrûlez