ClumsyMonkey.net

August 20th- Cleveland, OH- House of Blues

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby twiqz » 8/21/2009, 10:14 pm

Still more to upload, Anyone going to the Munhall, PA show? Ill be there....S

Surpised theres not more than 2-3 people that went to the show on this thread...Is there any OLP message board thats bigger?
twiqz

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/21/2009, 10:34 pm

I want to go. The pre-sale tickets are sold out and I don't know where to find regular tickets or when they went on sale?! HELP!!!
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Shanae » 8/21/2009, 11:18 pm

ClumsyGirl, what is Raine holding in the one photo? I love how you both look almost exactly the same in the photos. You're all like, "OH MY GOODNESS, HE TRULY IS GOD'S GIFT TO WOMEN!" and he's like, "I just remembered something somewhat interesting." And he has the same... facial 'hair'. Haha.
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Locobone » 8/22/2009, 1:36 am

Shanae wrote:ClumsyGirl, what is Raine holding in the one photo? I love how you both look almost exactly the same in the photos. You're all like, "OH MY GOODNESS, HE TRULY IS GOD'S GIFT TO WOMEN!" and he's like, "I just remembered something somewhat interesting." And he has the same... facial 'hair'. Haha.

Actually they are both just enamored with the intriguing (and dashing) gentleman on the other side of the camera. Can't say I blame them.
Locobone

Postby twiqz » 8/22/2009, 2:00 am

Clumsy girl, check out the Pittsburgh post too, but you can buy tickets for munhal here

http://www.carnegieconcerts.com/ordertickets.asp?p=16&backurl=default.asp

Cya there!
twiqz

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/22/2009, 8:41 am

Thanks twiqz!! I just bought them. Front row on the right hand side. Not center stage but as long as I don't have hands waving in front of me, I don't care! Yay!
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby twiqz » 8/22/2009, 2:37 pm

twiqz

Postby Tattooed Angels » 8/22/2009, 4:42 pm

Locobone wrote:
Shanae wrote:ClumsyGirl, what is Raine holding in the one photo? I love how you both look almost exactly the same in the photos. You're all like, "OH MY GOODNESS, HE TRULY IS GOD'S GIFT TO WOMEN!" and he's like, "I just remembered something somewhat interesting." And he has the same... facial 'hair'. Haha.

Actually they are both just enamored with the intriguing (and dashing) gentleman on the other side of the camera. Can't say I blame them.

MODEST MUCH.. :lol: :P

Bree/LOCO wish I could do Pittsburgh. It would be an OLP/U2 sandwich..:) :mrgreen:

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/22/2009, 6:30 pm

It's a mystery bag. I think it was food. I forgot to ask after I asked if he smiled!

ClumsyGirl618

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/22/2009, 10:43 pm

Here's some of my favorite pictures from the night. My pics didn't come out good though because there was some features that would have improved them, but I didn't find them until today...

Here's the link to the full album:
http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww74 ... Cleveland/

Sorry if these are huge.

MindsOnLoan

Postby twiqz » 8/22/2009, 10:52 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:Here's some of my favorite pictures from the night. My pics didn't come out good though because there was some features that would have improved them, but I didn't find them until today...

Were you right beside me during the show?? Weren't you with a girl? I think your mom was directly behind me, and i talked to you briefly and was like ' i cant believe were center stage'

Are you going to the Pittsburgh show by any chance? If you havent baught your tickets yet you should get them, their still some front rows available!!!
twiqz

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/22/2009, 10:57 pm

I'm not sure. The two brothers were in front of me, and I had a guy in a white button-up standing to my left (the guy who was requesting Thief). I was in the second row of people, pretty much at the center.

And no, sadly I can't make it to that show.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Kicker774 » 8/22/2009, 11:19 pm

Thanks for the vids looked like a good show.
Not a whole lot of crowd energy from what I watched so far.

Hard to watch/listen to End is Where We Begin.
That's become a favorite track but dissapointing he couldn't hit those falsetto notes live.

Was this just an 'off' night for his vocals or has it been sounding like that so far in tour?
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/22/2009, 11:30 pm

Kicker774 wrote:Thanks for the vids looked like a good show.
Not a whole lot of crowd energy from what I watched so far.

Hard to watch/listen to End is Where We Begin.
That's become a favorite track but dissapointing he couldn't hit those falsetto notes live.

Was this just an 'off' night for his vocals or has it been sounding like that so far in tour?

The crowd was dead before the show. We tried starting numerous OLP chants and nobody wanted to get involved. The videos don't do justice to how mucht the crowd was into... At times it was hard to even hear Raine because just about everyone in there was singing along.

The End Is Where We Begin wasn't played, which I'm pretty happy about.

I didn't really think his voice sounded that off, but yes, it's been sounding like that throughout the tour.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Tattooed Angels » 8/23/2009, 8:56 am

it was played in Souncheck. Brian I will try to get that up on Youtube..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby twiqz » 8/23/2009, 8:56 pm

BTW does anyone know what the setlist was for this show?
twiqz

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/23/2009, 8:58 pm

Monkey Brains
Superman's Dead
Angels/Losing/Sleep
Innocent
Clumsy
Paper Moon
Escape Artist
Is Anybody Home?
Somewhere Out There
Bring Back the Sun
One Man Army
Naveed
All You Did Was Save My Life

Encore:
4am
In Repair/Life
Starseed
MindsOnLoan

Postby saman » 8/23/2009, 9:10 pm

oh huh, olp.cc's setlist doesn't have innocent on there
saman

Postby twiqz » 8/24/2009, 9:51 pm

saman wrote:oh huh, olp.cc's setlist doesn't have innocent on there

I noticed that, and also a couple review sites , including http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/11094 doesnt show it as played. I assure you it was definitely played :lol: ...Maybe someone should inform them, heh

btw thank you for posting MOL
twiqz

PreviousNext