ClumsyMonkey.net

August 20th- Cleveland, OH- House of Blues

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby twiqz » 8/18/2009, 10:30 am

im so jelous about this sound check you get to go to... Was it pretty much everyone that got selected that registered for it? It was literally like the 'only' day i went without going onto an OLP site :( . Another question....Do you guys get to stay inside the venue? If you do youll have a front row spot with soundcheck privaleges, You may as well be with the band, nothings better than that other than being backstage with them.

P.S the concert is 2 days away incase any of you forgot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#
twiqz

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/18/2009, 11:26 am

Well I personally didn't have the chance to go to a soundcheck, someone just posted here about how Mafia was played at one. Yes, it was open to anyone.

It kind of sucks, because I wouldn't have been able to leave in time to make the soundcheck, but I found out yesterday that I could have.
MindsOnLoan

Postby eonblue22 » 8/19/2009, 9:26 pm

can you take cameras inside ?
eonblue22

Postby saman » 8/19/2009, 9:31 pm

you usually can't. however, you can probably sneak one in pretty easily. just stuff it at the bottom of a bag or purse, or put it in your pocket if it's small.
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/20/2009, 1:03 am

Uggghhh. Can't sleep. Too excited.

Okay, well, I can never sleep. But I have more energy than usual. I'm leaving for Cleveland sometime around 10 or 11 in the morning, and then I have to come back after the concert (which means I won't get home until 5 or 6am). Should be fun though.
MindsOnLoan

Postby twiqz » 8/20/2009, 7:30 am

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!! THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!!!

The only thing i am really regreting at this point is not submitting for the damn soundcheck at the time it was available...o well , cya at the show!
twiqz

Postby ExtremeGamer » 8/20/2009, 10:52 pm

Awesome show except for the drunk long haired hippied the jumped on stage. He was a total DB the entire concert.

Hey Twiqz, this is the guy in front of you in line :)
ExtremeGamer

Postby twiqz » 8/21/2009, 12:13 am

Hey extreme! Whats up man. Im about to go to sleep now, such an amazing show, I ended up being front and center(literally) I took over 100 pictures and recorded about 5-6 songs in their entirety.

Im still in complete shock that the long haired guy didnt get thrown out. Starseed was one of the songs i recorded, for those of you wondering what happened with this guy running on stage and grabbing the mic out of raines hands...youll see. its one of the most shocking things ive ever seen at a concert.

extremegamer....that website i was talking to you about is called http://www.dimeadozen.org/ , im not sure why i couldnt think of it. You have to keep attempting to sign up. It took me a couple trys when i first started my account, but i highly anitipate the full audio recording posted on there within the next week....If not again i have 5-6 full length songs front - center stage on my brand new canon camera, ill get to post them when im not so tired, for now im going to sleep.

Highlight of the night for me was hearing escape artist live, in repair was so good too..... And me yelling 'Raine'(before the show started) while he was walking to his tour bus and him looking back at me like 'what'...then extreme saying ' can i get a picture?'...Rain responded back with 'we'll be right back'...shortly after it downpoured and he never did return...
twiqz

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 2:23 am

The long-haired guy was actually pretty cool. I talked with him and his brother in line for over an hour before the show (apparently his brother has been going city-to-city seeing them play, and actually talked with Steve for about a half-hour in a bar in Phillie). We even broke into song a few times with "Made to Heal."

And he didn't really grab the mic from Raine, he jumped up there, bounced around "rocking out" and Raine stepped to the side and motioned him to get on the mic. Then security went to throw him out and Raine stopped singing and told security to let him stay because "it took some courage to get up on stage like that."

It was an awesome show though. When the band stepped out, it was so surreal, like these guys I've been watching music videos of and listening to music from for a few years now were about 5 ot 6 feet from me. I was in the second row of people in center, probably about 3 or 4 feet from the stage. My only complaint is the big group of girls that showed up after Meese was finished and managed to push everyone out of the way to get up that close. Then one of them kept trying to push me, while complaining to all her friends that me and the guy to my left "were clearly pushing her" (despite the fact that she was pushing against me, and I was sitting as still as possible so she couldn't get past). She kept complaining about wanting to be in the very front, and finally the long-haired guy's brother turned around saying "What's the big deal? You're still going to see Raine perfectly," to which she responded "Yeah, but I want him to see me." Like Raine really gives a damn that some girl he's never met is there. Towards the end of the show she made her way up front, which kind of pissed me off since I was at the HoB since 4:30/5ish and she didn't show up until around 9.

The long-haired guy's brother (I can't remember either of their names at this point) was pretty cool, he kept telling me to get up on his back so he could get me closer to the band, and at a few points I think my hands were just over the stage. I think Raine looked over at one point and kind of gave a grin at this.

On a side note, I heard a few people yelling requests. One guy made me kind of laugh when I heard "TRAPEZE!!" The guy next to me said Thief a few times. I yelled out Made to Heal at one point when it was quieter.

The encore lead to one of my most exciting moments of the night. The band had just finished up Starseed (and most people in our area were still flipping out that the long-haired guy got onstage and the band was cool with it), then Jeremy throws one drumstick into the crowd. Then another in my area. I made a leap probably 4 feet in the air and caught it! Then on my way down, that annoying girl and like two of her friends and a few other audience members decide to all grab onto it even though I have a pretty firm grip. So then a tug of war battle ensues... I was refusing to let go for several reasons: It was my first OLP show, I definitely grasped it first, and that girl was a total bitch. My mom (who drove me there, it's like 4 hours away from us) starts trying to help pull it towards me while the other 4 people are still tugging and clawing at my fingers. Eventually the long-haired guy's brother steps in, at which point two of them give up, and he gets it away from them and hands it to me. So yeah, after that ridiculous situation, I finally got to keep it, which I'm pretty happy about.

So yeah, overall it was an awesome show. Despite the predictable setlist, they really killed it.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Locobone » 8/21/2009, 2:43 am

MindsOnLoan wrote:Eventually the long-haired guy's brother steps in, at which point two of them give up, and he gets it away from them and hands it to me.

So this would explain why some random girl walked up to long-haired guy's brother and punched him in the back of the head three times after the show. She sucker punched him from behind. He was pissed but to his credit he didn't retaliate. He had no idea why she was punching him.

So yeah, sick show. Good energetic crowd. The guy who jumped on stage was actually a really nice guy and the band seemed to enjoy the randomness of it.

Pics and vid from Philly, DC, and Cleveland to follow as soon as I process and upload them.
Locobone
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 2:57 am

Yeah, before and during the show I was around those two a lot. Really good guys. They said they remembered their first OLP show when they were about my age so they said they'd try to do some cool stuff for me. The brother said he was going to try to get me one of Steve's picks but he ended up not being able to, but it worked out with the drumstick. Plus how they kept trying to help get me closer to the stage and all.
MindsOnLoan

Postby ExtremeGamer » 8/21/2009, 5:39 am

I was to the right of you guys, I felt bad for one kid that the long hair dude kept elbowing. Kid was in the front, ended up 3 rows back after getting beat up from that guy. I'm glad he was cool to talk to, but the way he acted the whole show was over the top. I was shocked at the complete lack of disrepect towards anyone around him.

Did he really pee in the beer cup and set it up there for security? I could smell it when he lit up the joint as well. The waitress was close to going off on him, he kept grabbing her chest as she walked by.

But the show, man it was good. I gotta say, Meese was terrible, I honestly couldn't tell the difference in any song. LOL

OLP just brought down the house, one of their best live performances I've ever seen.
ExtremeGamer

Postby xjsb125 » 8/21/2009, 6:10 am

Tom, I just woke up a while ago and saw your text message. Very sorry I wasn't able to send you a timely reply, but it looks like everything worked out ok. Meese might be mediocre, but they are super nice guys. They gave me and Heather 2 free CD's after the show in Atlanta and talked for a good while.

Minds, glad your first show was a memorable one. I hate concert douchebags too.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby twiqz » 8/21/2009, 9:26 am

Raines twitter:

MrRaineMaida - cleveland proved it remains a staggering rocknroll town.sold out House ofBlues and the crowd brought it!!! Big thx to everyone who was there
twiqz

Postby JeffWich » 8/21/2009, 10:18 am

MindsOnLoan wrote:Then one of them kept trying to push me, while complaining to all her friends that me and the guy to my left "were clearly pushing her" (despite the fact that she was pushing against me, and I was sitting as still as possible so she couldn't get past). She kept complaining about wanting to be in the very front, and finally the long-haired guy's brother turned around saying "What's the big deal? You're still going to see Raine perfectly," to which she responded "Yeah, but I want him to see me." Like Raine really gives a damn that some girl he's never met is there. Towards the end of the show she made her way up front, which kind of pissed me off since I was at the HoB since 4:30/5ish and she didn't show up until around 9.

Ugh... I hate front stage girls like that... get fucking over yourselves- enjoy the concert and not just whether or not you can tell people Raine pointed to you or some shit.
JeffWich

Postby twiqz » 8/21/2009, 10:27 am

Im uploading 119 photos to photobucket.com right now. Also uploading my videos to youtube. Its taking quite some time, maybe sometime tonight ehy will all be uploaded. Im still in shock on how close i was. Right dead smack in the center and at the very front (wife was in front of me but shes 5'3. :)
twiqz

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/21/2009, 10:33 am

Some drunk girl tried to do that to me at the 9:30 club. I was in the second row and I had been there early. I'd didn't wait an hour in one spot to have a drunk girl, falling over stupid block my view of the Raine and Steve and show up in my pictures. She concert shoved when I told her no, so I pushed back... at which point she grabbed my arm super hard. At that point I shoved her and gave her an elbow. I didn't wanna do it, but don't put your hands on me!! I have a HUGE black and blue mark, but my pictures are awesome :)
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 10:38 am

extremegamer wrote:Did he really pee in the beer cup and set it up there for security? I could smell it when he lit up the joint as well. The waitress was close to going off on him, he kept grabbing her chest as she walked by.

His brother had pissed in the cup, but not for security. He said he didn't want to lose his spot, and didn't want to shove everybody to get back up there. And IDK about the chest grabbing, because when the waitress came around, the long-haired guy was in the second row and the people in front of me at the time would pass his drink back to him.
MindsOnLoan

Postby twiqz » 8/21/2009, 11:18 am

MindsOnLoan wrote:
extremegamer wrote:Did he really pee in the beer cup and set it up there for security? I could smell it when he lit up the joint as well. The waitress was close to going off on him, he kept grabbing her chest as she walked by.

His brother had pissed in the cup, but not for security. He said he didn't want to lose his spot, and didn't want to shove everybody to get back up there. And IDK about the chest grabbing, because when the waitress came around, the long-haired guy was in the second row and the people in front of me at the time would pass his drink back to him.

hahaha, since when has it been acceptable to whip out your dick and piss in a cup at an OLP concert??!??!?!?...Then place it on the stage and ask the waitress to pick it up, Everyone around me was like 'NOOO dont pick up the CUP!!' Then the security gaurd comes around and picks up the cup, places it on the floor, soon after a photographer knocks over the cup and piss is all at the shoes of my wife at the girls next to her.

I like how after it all happened the security guy comes back and was like ' YOU PISS AGAIN IN A CUP 1 MORE TIME AND YOUR OUT OF HERE '. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , Like everyone got one time they can piss in a cup, TWICE??! Forget about it !
twiqz

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 8/21/2009, 12:01 pm

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:Some drunk girl tried to do that to me at the 9:30 club. I was in the second row and I had been there early. I'd didn't wait an hour in one spot to have a drunk girl, falling over stupid block my view of the Raine and Steve and show up in my pictures. She concert shoved when I told her no, so I pushed back... at which point she grabbed my arm super hard. At that point I shoved her and gave her an elbow. I didn't wanna do it, but don't put your hands on me!! I have a HUGE black and blue mark, but my pictures are awesome :)

haha awesome

there was some drunk guy at the philly show trying to push past a guy in a freakin wheelchair. real class there.
xoNoDoubt69

PreviousNext