ClumsyMonkey.net

August 20th- Cleveland, OH- House of Blues

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby Tattooed Angels » 8/25/2009, 4:45 pm

TWIGZ. just watched some of your vids. What kind of camera did you use. Comes out clear. When I taped the shows had some static, but people tell me cause I was on top of the monitors.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby twiqz » 8/25/2009, 9:52 pm

Tattooed Angels wrote:TWIGZ. just watched some of your vids. What kind of camera did you use. Comes out clear. When I taped the shows had some static, but people tell me cause I was on top of the monitors.

I was already asked this on this Cleveland forum, but its cool...Those videos werent even uploaded in the HD format, that was more of a quick upload for everyone to see. Uploading the vids in HD takes about twice if not 3x's the time it takes for the standard definition ones to upload(and the standards take an hour)
I made sure when i bought the camera at the time that I got a 'top of the line' digital camera, i researched many sites and read many reviews before investing the money. I bought it new 4 months ago and it was $220, so it might be cheaper now. Its the best investment ive ever made, Every concert i go to the clarity of the pictures are phenomenal. And i can make changes to the way it records and takes pictures but haven't gotten myself familiar with those settings yet, so everything is just set on 'automatic'.

But its a Canon poweshot SD790 IS

Image[/img]

If your going to buy a camera i HIGHLY reccomend this one
twiqz

Postby Tattooed Angels » 8/26/2009, 4:21 pm

twiqz wrote:
Tattooed Angels wrote:TWIGZ. just watched some of your vids. What kind of camera did you use. Comes out clear. When I taped the shows had some static, but people tell me cause I was on top of the monitors.

I was already asked this on this Cleveland forum, but its cool...Those videos werent even uploaded in the HD format, that was more of a quick upload for everyone to see. Uploading the vids in HD takes about twice if not 3x's the time it takes for the standard definition ones to upload(and the standards take an hour)
I made sure when i bought the camera at the time that I got a 'top of the line' digital camera, i researched many sites and read many reviews before investing the money. I bought it new 4 months ago and it was $220, so it might be cheaper now. Its the best investment ive ever made, Every concert i go to the clarity of the pictures are phenomenal. And i can make changes to the way it records and takes pictures but haven't gotten myself familiar with those settings yet, so everything is just set on 'automatic'.

Image[/img]

I got as pasonic one. I was going to get a cannon, nikon but the guy there told me to get the pasonic one. it does video in HD.. Only thing is ( probably cause I was on top of stage) you get some static... I love my new camera. The photos are great and video comes out great also.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/26/2009, 4:52 pm

twiqz wrote:

Image[/img]

This is very close to the camera I have. mine is 7.1 Mega pixels and is the SD750. I bought mine last year in the spring and I love it. It takes excellent video and audio.... if only I was a better videographer....
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby saman » 8/26/2009, 5:42 pm

i have a canon sd1100. an older model, but considering it doesn't have image stabilization, it's still an awesome camera
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/26/2009, 9:22 pm

Locobone has a newer Cannon SD camera too. It takes awesome video. The moral of the story is Cannon camera's are a good way to go!
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby saman » 8/27/2009, 1:01 am

cannon's okay, but i like canon better
saman

Postby twiqz » 8/27/2009, 9:57 am

saman wrote:cannon's okay, but i like canon better

HAHAHA, Clumsy girl , you gonna take that?!?!
twiqz

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/27/2009, 10:21 am

Yes, because I'm passive-aggressive and I forget to proofread. I deserve it! I had a special moment. Sigh. i'm not usually that dumb.... I promise!

ClumsyGirl618

Postby twiqz » 8/27/2009, 10:22 am

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:Yes, because I'm passive-aggressive and I forget to proofread. I deserve it! I had a special moment. Sigh. i'm not usually that dumb.... I promise!

:)
twiqz

Postby laurel » 8/27/2009, 12:14 pm

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:Yes, because I'm passive-aggressive and I forget to proofread. I deserve it! I had a special moment. Sigh. i'm not usually that dumb.... I promise!

...Maybe I should be nice and not point out another mistake in your previous post.

Maybe. But...because Neil hasn't been around lately, and I haven't been able to yell at him about errant apostrophes and commas, I feel the need to point this one out.

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:Locobone has a newer Cannon SD camera too. It takes awesome video. The moral of the story is Cannon camera's are a good way to go!

It should be cameras, not camera's. The way the sentence is phrased, it sounds like you are talking about Canon cameras, in the plural. If you wanted to use the possessive, it would be used on "Canon", as in "Canon's cameras are a good way to go".

Neil, come back so I can bother you about apostrophes :(.

I'm sorry for the long grammar lesson post. I haven't corrected anyone in so long, I'm done school forever, and I felt the need to actually use my brain again.
laurel

Postby xjsb125 » 8/27/2009, 12:55 pm

I'm done school forever, eh? Eat more fish. It is nice to see you using capitalization. Nice work!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Kicker774 » 8/27/2009, 9:02 pm

laurel wrote:I haven't corrected anyone in so long, I'm done school forever, and I felt the need to actually use my brain again.

RUN ON SENTENCE!!! RUN ON SENTENCE!!! RUN ON SENTENCE!!!

*Picks up the phone and dials 811 for the grammar police*
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby xjsb125 » 8/27/2009, 9:09 pm

I'll ban you.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Previous