ClumsyMonkey.net

Raine / Chantal Massey Hall Sat Feb 24, 2007

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby myownsatellite » 1/8/2007, 6:58 pm

I'm not sure where Tom and I are staying but it all depends on how cheap of a room we can get LOL
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Kathy » 1/8/2007, 7:05 pm

crustine wrote:....we can make our own mini putt Kathy

sweet!!!
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Kicker774 » 1/8/2007, 7:07 pm

*Creating an e-mail to the Metro asking about group rates or possible discounts*
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby myownsatellite » 1/8/2007, 7:49 pm

Kicker774 wrote:*Creating an e-mail to the Metro asking about group rates or possible discounts*

That's a really good idea :)
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Kicker774 » 1/8/2007, 8:20 pm

Meh, that doesn't take much creative thought.
Now gift baskets, that's creative and thoughtful thought :D (Not that it needs to be done again)
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby myownsatellite » 1/8/2007, 8:31 pm

LOL yeah that totally surprised me. I was sitting at the counter going "I'm checking in with a group...kinda...Christine? I don't know her last name. Um... uh...I'm so confused..." and the nice lady behind me pulls out a gift basket with my name on it!!! :D
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Kicker774 » 1/9/2007, 10:19 am

Yea I told them I was meeting up with the CM they didn't know what I was talking about. Then they gave me a weird look when I told them I just know their first names. "Your staying with someone and you don't know their names?"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Kicker774 » 1/9/2007, 11:43 am

** HOTEL INFO **

Ok first off here's the reply I got from the Metro:

------
Thank you for your interest in Metropolitan Hotels. We are pleased to offer a rate of $149.00 CDN, per room, per night based on 10 rooms per night (exclusive of taxes - Provincial Room Tax of 5%, Goods and Services Tax of 6%, 3% Destination Marketing Fee and $5.00 per day, per room facilities fee which includes: local phone calls and access to the health club).

If you would like to book, please email or call me at 416-597-6331 and a I will get details for a contract to be sent.

Regards, Dina
Metropolitan Hotels
-----

Doing the math to include all the taxes that would come out to $3470 which means $347 for 2 nights @ $173.50 per night

Question is: Is everybody planning on staying 2 nights? Friday night / Saturday night

I know Crustine said just Saturday. Plus with a handfull of people going to the show in Detroit Friday night we probably won't have a need for 10 rooms Friday night.

Perhaps a 5/10 solution would work?

In the end this all may be for moot as theres a web only rate of $143 and it probably wouldn't include the extra 'marketing fees' and crap my group rate price did.

Think I should e-mail back and haggle on the price further?
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Locobone » 1/9/2007, 11:56 pm

Hmmmm...I just accidentally booked a room at the The Westin Harbour Castle for $82 bucks. Never Priceline when you're tired, children!

Actually it looks like a decent place and it appears close to all the normal fun downtown places.

Plus I's probably best I don't stay at the Metro again....I think they might have me doing something potentially incriminating on their parking garage security cams. Hey, I got stuck behind a parade for an hour and was drinking a lot of water and that jerk driving the Range Rover was asking it....

Damn Canada Day parades....
Locobone
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Kathy » 1/10/2007, 5:49 am

Locobone wrote: Hmmmm...I just accidentally booked a room at the The Westin Harbour Castle for $82 bucks. Never Priceline when you're tired, children!

Actually it looks like a decent place and it appears close to all the normal fun downtown places.

It's a nice hotel down on the waterfront, although it's over a mile from Massey (versus a few blocks between the Metro and Massey)

Locobone wrote:
Plus I's probably best I don't stay at the Metro again....I think they might have me doing something potentially incriminating on their parking garage security cams. Hey, I got stuck behind a parade for an hour and was drinking a lot of water and that jerk driving the Range Rover was asking it....

Damn Canada Day parades....

:O :lol::lol:
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby myownsatellite » 1/10/2007, 5:54 pm

Hehe I'm excited about this hotel because it's pretty-looking :D

And hey, cabs work wonders when you're lazy ;)
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Phoenix » 1/10/2007, 6:14 pm

Well since this is the most recent active thread about something in Toronto I figured I would post here. I just wanted to say Hi to all you old CC'ers still out there and introduce myself to the new people. I hear from my buddy Lando that Kruno still checks in from time to time but Miro doesn't anymore. I honestly cant remember exactly what name I used on CC but it was either Phoenix or Phoenix80. I met a bunch of CC'ers including Kruno and Miro among others at a bowling meet way back in Feb 2001. Anyway, I am glad to see things still active and it would be cool to catch up with the old timers and meet the new people.

On a funny note, I was the 25th person to sign up on these boards and made my first post yesterday. :lol:
Phoenix

Postby myownsatellite » 1/10/2007, 6:51 pm

Well you should meet up with us for the weekend!!!

I'm hoping to see Kruno and Miro again too :D
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Phoenix » 1/10/2007, 9:15 pm

That sounds like a lot of fun actually. What are the plans for the weekend? Megan, didnt you go by the screen name "Rin" for a while?
Phoenix

Postby BOAT » 1/10/2007, 10:30 pm

haha!

strange... something told me to check the CM today.

I remember the name Phoenix... can't say I remember exactly who you are though. You'll have to refresh my memory.

Bowling.... all I remember about the bowling meetup was getting there late and going to the movies to see Snatch afterwards (unless I am mixing up 2 nights). lol jeez how nice of me.

About this meetup... it sounds like fun. We're going to be REALLY busy around that time, but we'll try to drop in to say hello. Most likely won't make it to the show... but you'll never know. I'm sure Kathy will give me a call at some point. :)

when is this all happening?

-Kruno
looks like THIS boat's about to sink!
BOAT

Postby Phoenix » 1/10/2007, 11:21 pm

Hey Kruno! Its funny how you get these feelings to check on something at just the right time but its good you did. Ya, that sounds like the night exactly. I think I also went to see Snatch after the meet with my gf at the time. In terms of physical description of myself, 5 foot 11 and spiky brown hair at the time. I think the last time I spoke to you was on the IRC channel. I am glad to hear you will try to make it out to the meet even if it is for a short bit.
Phoenix

Postby Dr. Hobo » 1/11/2007, 4:19 am

BOAT wrote:haha!

strange... something told me to check the CM today.

I remember the name Phoenix... can't say I remember exactly who you are though. You'll have to refresh my memory.

Bowling.... all I remember about the bowling meetup was getting there late and going to the movies to see Snatch afterwards (unless I am mixing up 2 nights). lol jeez how nice of me.

About this meetup... it sounds like fun. We're going to be REALLY busy around that time, but we'll try to drop in to say hello. Most likely won't make it to the show... but you'll never know. I'm sure Kathy will give me a call at some point. :)

when is this all happening?

-Kruno

is that the night when you 2 kids got insanely drunk or was that different? wait.. which bowling place? the one we went to? :lol:

btw chances are ive talked to you on irc/cc too phoenix .. i may or may not have met you... im sand.. or sandman.. or sandnippy... or the brown kid..

ps. kruno.. you still suck biatch
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby xjsb125 » 1/11/2007, 8:07 am

BOAT wrote:.... all I remember about the bowling meetup was getting there late ...

Isn't that every meetup for you?

:O

*runs*
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Dr. Hobo » 1/11/2007, 8:12 am

no matt
that would mean hes only late for meetups.. and by he i mean they... clearly
but in reality
theyre late for everything.
ever.
possible.
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Kathy » 1/11/2007, 1:32 pm

^ I was soooo going to say that. They're definitely late for everything. Ever.

:lol:
Kathy

PreviousNext