ClumsyMonkey.net

july 1. 2006- the best day of my life

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

july 1. 2006- the best day of my life

Postby niro man » 11/11/2006, 10:30 am

Wow... a long long time past since I read something in cm or other place about olp. I dont no where to start what I want to write, so much time past and my life change in 180 degrees. I can say I want to write here what I feel. I guess i will start to write my story from the end. ( my english is not good in 100% so I hope you will understand everything I write).

I'm Nir from Israel some of you know me and some of you probably not, I consider you guys as my friends and I see this place as a home.
I'm almost 19 years old. and in Israel people in my age have to go to the army in order to protect my country. Like a lot of people in my age I went to the army and now I'm in the army at the navy. I past the basic training step and now I'm learning my subject which I will serve for 3 years. I cant say to much about the all army thing and what I will do. Thet's my life now for the next 3 years. now I finally found the time to write here after 21 days I didnt came to my home and after two month in the army. Tomorow I'm going back to my base for probably another 21 days or even more. It's very hard not to be in my house I remember in the first time I stay at saterday in the base and I didnt hear music and didn't hear olp and raine voice for a weak so in saterday we can sleep and we can rest and relex from the weak. I remeber in this saterday becouse it's the first time I could hear olp. while I was getting a nap inside the tent I listen to olp in my mp3 player and I remeber I got tears in my eyes and I start to cry a little. it's a big change the army from the civilian life. sometimes the music is the only thing that keeps me alive. I prefer to hold a guitar then to hold a gun, this fucking killing machine. I know it's not my way the army but I have to do this and when I think deeply I feel in my heart that my country is my home, my family is here and i love my country and i know it's important to protect her. I hope to spread the peace in the army

I started to hear olp two and a half years ago maby more maby less during high school. This was the best thing that ever happend to me I think. OLP and Raine are something that helped me a lot back than and now it's giving me so much power and strength it's giving me inspiration to everything I do. I feel I change a lot in the time I listen to olp. I can write so much here about what I feel when I hear about olp but I guess you all understand what I feel when I listen to olp.
there is something so megical and so powerful in this music that only the real fans know this deep in the heart. for a lot of people jhon lenon and the beatles are the best musicians that ever was. for me it's Raine Maida and our lady peace. OLP music for me it's something I dont find in any other music and you probably know it and you know their uniqueness. when I listen's to Raine's lyrics to the melody there is no words in the world to describe it.

One and a half years ago me and my friend Dor which I think we are the only olp fans in Israel becouse their cd's dont come to israel and if we will ask someone in Israel if he know this band 99% he will say he dont know what we are talking about.
Anyway one and half years ago we had this crazy dream back than that we will fly to canada to a concert and we will meet olp. I work more than a year in mcdonald's and I was saving money for this trip. we also went to new york and traveld in usa. while I finish high school this year my head was already in canada we plan all the journey and we baught tickets to edgefest.

At friday june 30th we went to rivoly to the padestrian show and we heard that olp will be there. the show started and first jeremy came and I think we scared him a little bit, we was so excited! than we said hello to steve and than we say hello to duncan we got to talk to evryone of them, it was a real fantasy but a fantasy that become real. Raine was meant to come also but they told us that there was a delay in his flight so he didnt came to rivoly. after the show we walked a little bit with steve, it was really unbelievable. who would believe that I walked with steve mazur in the streets of down town toronto. I cant ask for more! this day was really amazing I can talk about this day all day but the one thing that was missing in this day was Raine.

At july first I woke up in the morning with the thought that this could be my last chance to meet Raine and I have to do all in order to fulfill this dream. (i'm so excited to wirte all of this latter and to remember at that time)
I came to the molson amphitheater and I change my ticket to floor ticket from some man outside. It was expensive but it was worth that consider that this is the only concert I will be. we saw the concert from the second row thanks to all the candian friends that help us. At the rivoly duncan took our details in order to arrange us a backstage pass in order to meet the band again and meet Raine. but he lost the note with our details so we get in the concert without the backstage pass.

At this point I want to say thanks to Rich, Shelly, Kathy, Sandy Christine, Kruno, Miro Nikki, Megan and all the people from this site which i dont remeber all the names and the people who have been in rivoly and in molson who help me to fulfil this dream. With out you guys there is no way I would get this backstage pass and I would met Raine. Above all the exitement what excite me was the help of you guys and to know that there is a lot of good people in the road that will halp you achive what you want to achive.
Even now i'm very exited of this and i have shivers when i think about it

when I met Raine I almost faint from exitement. Right now when I think of it I have butterfly in my stomach
I have so much to say about the concert experience and I don't know where to start. There is so much to say. I guess there is some things you can't describe in words and you jast feel it.

I want to say July 1 was the best day of my life a day i will never forget all this journey, all the experiences will stay with me forever. Dreams are coming real if you believe in them. Belive in youself believe in what you want to avhive and you will achive anything you wish. "Life is waiting for all of us, sometimes it's all fucked up but we are still alive and we will survive!" that's what keeps me alive.

If someone want contact: http://www.myspace.com/niroliva this is my myspace I'm new with this thing.

maby in 3 years from now will meet again.

I love you all

Nir
niro man

Postby Kathy » 11/11/2006, 11:31 am

Wow, Nir, great post! You brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy I could be one of the people to help you achieve your dreams on your Canadian trip. Going backstage meant so much more to you than it would have to me.... I'm just happy that I realized it at the last minute and gave you my wristbands. And I'm glad you ran into people backstage to help get you in :)

Take care of yourself, Nir. I hope you get to listen to music often to keep your spirits up, and please keep in touch when you have the chance.
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby niro man » 11/11/2006, 4:35 pm

Thanks Kathy for all I'm so happy to read what you wrote. I promise I stay in touch in every chance I have. Jast yesterday I heard Raine's new single in myspace "earthless". This song is so beautiful, I can hear it all day. in 6 hours from now i'm going back to the base and I'm glad I got the chance to repeat.
take care
niro man

Postby myownsatellite » 11/11/2006, 7:51 pm

Nir, it was great meeting you. And reading your post just filled me with love for you, and again for OLP. It's amazing what something like that can do to bring people together. I am so glad that you got to meet them, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet you! Please take care in the army. Peace is my way, as I see it is yours as well, but the music will get you through, and you will always have us when you need us.

Take care of yourself!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby xjsb125 » 11/11/2006, 10:00 pm

That is the single best post that has ever been made on this board. It got me choked up. I'm glad that you had a great experience in Canada, and I can say that we all hope you are able to join us again someday.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby beautiful liar » 11/11/2006, 11:11 pm

Wow. All the best to you. Your story is very touching - like Matt, I got choked up. I am glad that music means so much to you; it can help keep us sane in this crazy world. Meeting OLP obviously meant so much to you. I hope you find the peace you're looking for, friend.
beautiful liar

Postby Random Name » 11/13/2006, 12:03 pm

Awww thats so cool. I'm so happy for you. :D
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name

Postby TaLeNtOsO » 11/14/2006, 7:37 pm

Nice XP... I can't wait for an OLP show... but i'm from chile :(
<b> * ...But I Can Be Some Courage At The Side Of Your Bed... * </b>
<A HREF="http://www.fotolog.net/rainemaida">My Fotolog</A>
TaLeNtOsO

Postby crustine » 11/14/2006, 10:24 pm

Nir I am so glad you are safe. You know how worried I was when you joined the army when the war was happening. You are a wonderful person and when you met Raine there was genuine joy in his eyes. He was so honoured that you and Dor travelled so far to listen to them. You can see in that picture how happy they were all were.

That day was very special for me as well, but I will always remember you calling me on the cell as i was travelling far too fast on the Toronto highway, having just picked up Holly from Tulsa from the airport, and feeling that the OLP community can bring together people from so far. We are very blessed to have this connection. Please please please be safe. You have my email, write me if you can, and you can always write paper letters if that helps you pass time in the camps. You can write in hebrew if you wish, I have freinds who read hebrew.
xoxox christine
<center>~Hope Matters~</center>
<center>Her beauty was disarming, but she had no other resources for dealing with the world.
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Postby crustine » 11/15/2006, 2:53 pm

Hey Nir

I hope you dont mind but I am posting this pic of you and Raine. I think it brings it home for everyone to see the joy on everyones face.

Also know that a copy of your letter has been forwarded to the band. I know it means a lot to them to read honest words.
<center>Her beauty was disarming, but she had no other resources for dealing with the world.
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Postby Neil » 11/15/2006, 6:38 pm

That's one kick ass photo......
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil

Postby crustine » 11/24/2006, 8:22 am

thanks
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Postby niro man » 12/15/2006, 9:31 am

heyyyyyy!!!...I jast get back home!!! Wow you don't know how much i'm happy to read all what you wrote. especially after so much time, l am really chocked up write now. it's very touching to read all what you wrote. wow thanks crustine for posting the picture it's always nice to look on it. I have this picture in my bag. I wanted to post it also but i dont know how to post here pictures, I tried last time but it didn't went well. If you tell me i will post here some picture from the navy.

I can't believe you send this latter to the band!!!!!!!!! wowwwww, I opened my myspace and i saw a comment from Raine to what I wrote.......that's crazyyyyyyyy, right now i can't breath. your comments and his comment giving me so much streanth and power....that's crazyyyyy. I don't have words right now i'm going to relax, I'll come later.
I love you all. i'll be safe and I'm safe I'm in a good place, thanks for the care that's what keeps me.......
niro man

Postby myownsatellite » 12/15/2006, 10:17 pm

Are you home for good, or are you just on leave?
I'm so glad you're safe! It's good to hear from you!!! *big hugs*
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Kathy » 12/16/2006, 10:53 am

niro man wrote:I can't believe you send this latter to the band!!!!!!!!! wowwwww, I opened my myspace and i saw a comment from Raine to what I wrote.......that's crazyyyyyyyy, right now i can't breath. your comments and his comment giving me so much streanth and power....that's crazyyyyy. I don't have words right now i'm going to relax, I'll come later.
I love you all. i'll be safe and I'm safe I'm in a good place, thanks for the care that's what keeps me.......

The whole band has read your letter, and I'm soooo happy Raine wrote you back :)

I glad to hear you are safe. Take care and I hope we continue to hear from you whenever you have a chance.

*hugs*
~Kathy
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby niro man » 12/16/2006, 1:36 pm

hey I'm in home jast for the weekend, i'm going back to my base tommoro..

wow, the whole band!!!! i'm the happiest man in the world after raine wrote me back
i wrote this latter for you guys truly from my hrart and it's amazing what you do with that.
thanks for the care it's really help me, it gives a lot of power to go back tommorow
jast for to know that i'm in a safe place.

if someone want to ask me something about the army i'll try to answer.....mmm when i'll get the chance i'll write more about everything...
a friend from canada baught me the dacade and i'm so happy for that, i listen to eat and to raine's new stuff al weekend.

hugs
Nir
niro man

Re: july 1. 2006- the best day of my life

Postby Kicker774 » 12/27/2006, 9:56 pm

niro man wrote:I prefer to hold a guitar then to hold a gun, this fucking killing machine.

Quoted for Truth

Keep safe Nir
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby myownsatellite » 12/27/2006, 10:10 pm

niro man wrote:if someone want to ask me something about the army i'll try to answer.....mmm when i'll get the chance i'll write more about everything...
a friend from canada baught me the dacade and i'm so happy for that, i listen to eat and to raine's new stuff al weekend.

hugs
Nir

Do you have an address I could write to you at? Does the army allow that? Or would you have to wait to get it until you get home? If you want, PM me any address I can reach you at :)

I'm always glad to hear from you on here - it's good to know you are safe.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Frec-L » 12/29/2006, 9:57 am

Hi everyone
Dor here

In a pretty serious late I was directed by Nir to his post here..
It was really exciting to read. His words are genuine and true for my part as well (except for the army thing, I got 2 more month 'til I get there...).

It was so tremendous to see that uv'e send this post forward to the band, and to read Raine's comment. I don't think u guys can understand how much we thank you and aprreciate ecerything u did for us in that incredible weekend. But Nir managed to bring most of it to the page and I'm glad he did so. I'm hoping that the other guys who didn't comment here had the chance to read this as well (all the names that Nir mentioned..and so on) cuz I'd like them to know how we felt about them helping us fulfilling our true dream.
Besides, it's great to keep in touch with u. Christine, that was a hell of nostalgic moment u brought up there :nod: when I called you for the first time in Canada, full of concerns and hopes that we could make it the the rivoli night and the day after to edgefest, without missing knowing everyone... those days will be kept forever in my memory.

I don't have a myspace but this is my e-mail if anyone'd like to comment or say hi- frec@walla.com
btw, this picture is amazing, truly perpetuate this one in a life time moment.

u guys really rock, thank ya'll, take care
Dor
Frec-L

Postby niro man » 12/30/2006, 7:46 am

Hay everyone I wish you happy holidays a happy new olpness year.

I put some pic from the navy. It was 3 month ago in my first seremony
Attachments
s8216.jpg
s8216.jpg (52.26 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
niro man

Next