ClumsyMonkey.net

Edgefest Hotel Situation- General Itinerary

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby SpiritualJunkie » 6/24/2006, 12:02 pm

Kicker774 wrote:
Jill, Spritual Junkie and myself would be delighted to have an extra person in our room. I'm there Friday / Saturday night SJ is there Sunday night as well an would much appreciate the company then.

Actually, I'm moving to a different hotel for Sunday night. I've booked at the Downtowner Inn but right after I booked, I read some pretty shitty reviews about the place (which is not that surprising considering it's about $20 for one night) so now I might cancel going there and find another cheap place to stay at. I'd stay at the Metro but considering the fact I'm in TO for 2 weeks...I really don't want to spend another $100-something for just one night. :(

And to avoid any MySpace 'esq worries with your parents you may want to say your staying with your good friend Kristina and not 'some 25 year old guy I know off the internet'

:lol: I had to lie as well...I'm telling my parents that I'm staying with my friend at the U of T...which isn't that bad 'cause I am staying with her come Monday. :nod:

Brian...are the prices you're giving us right now in American?
And if I don't make it known that
I've loved you all along
Just like sunny days that
We ignore because
We're all dumb and jaded
And I hope to God I figure out
What's wrong

~4am~
SpiritualJunkie

Postby CoolSpot7up » 6/24/2006, 1:23 pm

Dr. Hobo wrote:dont ask the twins for direction dommy
if you do
tell em to call me
or you'll end up in like.. vancouver :O

u won't have to worry about that...I will be there to correct them....in other words...tell people to ignore them and just listen to me...:P
-Sabby
CoolSpot7up

Postby half jill » 6/24/2006, 2:12 pm

:lol:
half jill
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Dr. Hobo » 6/24/2006, 9:23 pm

CoolSpot7up wrote:
if you do
tell em to call me
or you'll end up in like.. vancouver :O

u won't have to worry about that...I will be there to correct them....in other words...tell people to ignore them and just listen to me...:P

good point
:nod:
although they'll find ways to tell someone to go to vancouver instead of like... across the street :nod:
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby CoolSpot7up » 6/25/2006, 2:16 am

Dr. Hobo wrote:
CoolSpot7up wrote:
ople to ignore them and just listen to me...:P

good point
:nod:
although they'll find ways to tell someone to go to vancouver instead of like... across the street :nod:

touche....
especially if alcohol is involved....
like it is for me now!
weee! I love work!
I worked at the docks tonight...my boss just threw drink tickets at me...I had no one to give them to..so I used them...Weee!!
-Sabby
CoolSpot7up

Postby Kathy » 6/25/2006, 5:18 am

haha - we should have met you at the docks! :lol: :D
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby CoolSpot7up » 6/25/2006, 12:08 pm

Kathy wrote:haha - we should have met you at the docks! :lol: :D

lol...well it looks like I might be working there more in the summer...they liked my work and are gonna call me more often...so I'll let u know when I work and u can take those drink tickets off me!
-Sabby
CoolSpot7up

Postby myownsatellite » 6/25/2006, 12:20 pm

Well, my plus one is no longer.
So I have an extra ticket for the GA section.
Anyone wants it, it's $20.
Also, there will be room in my hotel room if anyone needs it. I only got a queen bed, so you'd be sharing with me, but I don't mind.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby crustine » 6/25/2006, 8:11 pm

Hey all I am wondering if someone can weigh in on this. I have suggested to Meg that instead of comming through Buffalo from Albany, that she could come up from Ithica to Watertown , crossing on the other side of the lake. My reasoning for this is that , she can drive faster in Canada, there is definitely less traffic from Kingston to Toronto than Buffalo to Toronto and the route is a little less confusing, yes both are direct but there are no merging highways comming west into toronto as opposed to east. Does this make any sense for her to do this. She is not great with maps and travelling alone . Help us please. and thanks
<center>~Hope Matters~</center>
<center>Her beauty was disarming, but she had no other resources for dealing with the world.
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Postby myownsatellite » 6/25/2006, 9:28 pm

crustine wrote:Hey all I am wondering if someone can weigh in on this. I have suggested to Meg that instead of comming through Buffalo from Albany, that she could come up from Ithica to Watertown , crossing on the other side of the lake. My reasoning for this is that , she can drive faster in Canada, there is definitely less traffic from Kingston to Toronto than Buffalo to Toronto and the route is a little less confusing, yes both are direct but there are no merging highways comming west into toronto as opposed to east. Does this make any sense for her to do this. She is not great with maps and travelling alone . Help us please. and thanks

Yeah, I'm a loser with maps, so the easier the better.
Any help would be great. Love you guys *blows kisses*
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby crustine » 6/26/2006, 8:15 am

ouch that kiss hit me at 90kmh heheh
<center>Her beauty was disarming, but she had no other resources for dealing with the world.
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Postby areusad831 » 6/27/2006, 6:26 pm

crustine wrote:Hey all I am wondering if someone can weigh in on this. I have suggested to Meg that instead of comming through Buffalo from Albany, that she could come up from Ithica to Watertown , crossing on the other side of the lake. My reasoning for this is that , she can drive faster in Canada, there is definitely less traffic from Kingston to Toronto than Buffalo to Toronto and the route is a little less confusing, yes both are direct but there are no merging highways comming west into toronto as opposed to east. Does this make any sense for her to do this. She is not great with maps and travelling alone . Help us please. and thanks

umm they both are pretty much the same. Going through Buffalo gets a bit confusing because of Niagra Falls and the such but going through Watertown puts you more out of the way though. When I go to Montreal I go the Watertown way but when I go to Toronto I always go the Buffalo way. She cant drive faster in Ontario because there are Km's obviously and it translates to about 60mph rather than 65mph in the states. It is not too difficult to follow 401 either way. Good Luck
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby myownsatellite » 6/27/2006, 7:44 pm

Boo.

Well at least my boss said I could leave when my work is done on Friday, and I should be able to finish by noon :D
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Kicker774 » 6/27/2006, 10:59 pm

Last call for anyone needing a room to crash in Friday/Saturday night.
The more people crash the cheaper my rate :D
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby raineshower » 6/28/2006, 6:23 am

areusad831 wrote:umm they both are pretty much the same. Going through Buffalo gets a bit confusing because of Niagra Falls and the such but going through Watertown puts you more out of the way though. When I go to Montreal I go the Watertown way but when I go to Toronto I always go the Buffalo way. She cant drive faster in Ontario because there are Km's obviously and it translates to about 60mph rather than 65mph in the states. It is not too difficult to follow 401 either way. Good Luck

Well, if you only go the speed limit, you're right, it's not much faster. But unless you pass by a cop having a bad day, they usually don't touch you if you're doing 120 km/h or under (approx 75 mph).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note: how will I find out if I can check in early at the Metro? I asked for it, but she said that I might not get it. Do I just show up at 11am on Staurday and hope for the best?
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away AND have their shoes.

--The OTHER Nikki--
raineshower

Postby Kathy » 6/28/2006, 6:39 am

If you do the speed limit on the 401 or QEW anywhere near toronto you'll get run over. 120 is not even the average around TO... it's closer to the minimum
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby raineshower » 6/28/2006, 6:54 am

Kathy wrote:If you do the speed limit on the 401 or QEW anywhere near toronto you'll get run over. 120 is not even the average around TO... it's closer to the minimum

VERY true. First time I ever drove in Toronto, I just kept up with traffic (in the far right lane, mind you) and I looked at my spedometer and I was doing 140. :freak:
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away AND have their shoes.

--The OTHER Nikki--
raineshower

Postby myownsatellite » 6/28/2006, 7:19 am

Sweet. I'm actually more comfortable doing that than I am doing the speed limit.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby crustine » 6/28/2006, 7:26 am

woo hoo Meg... you will be there before cocktail hour! Of course it is a holiday weekend so there will be more traffic but I suspect that most of the traffic will be flowing out of toronto, fingers crossed on that one.

Rainshower if you get stuck I am sure you can leave your stuff with the front desk and head out. Fingers crossed on that...I will make a special request that the saturday rooms be ready first given the time constraints...there never is harm in asking.

two more sleeps
i am getting sooo soo excited
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Postby Kicker774 » 6/28/2006, 9:26 am

Anyone know off the top of their head where to find snowglobes in Toronto?
I wanted to buy one as a souvineer for a friend of mine.

Thanks!
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

PreviousNext