ClumsyMonkey.net

Vancouver 4/27/06 and 4/28/06

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby AmbientFlames » 4/28/2006, 10:31 am

The front of the stage was cordoned off so Raine was five to ten feet away from the crowd, so he told the people up front to jump the barrier and stand in that half circle. After like two songs, Raine was told we had to get out of the pit area so instead he opted to let us on stage. Being up there was the best experience ever.

On the way home, I was talking to one of the security people and the reason why they made up move so quickly was because we were standing on less than an inch of plywood and its a 20 foot drop underneath because its the orchestra pit. The wood wasn't enough to hold 200 people and if it had broken (people started to mosh once we got in there) there would have been some serious injuries.

But hey... we got on stage! Hahahahahahahahaha! *Falls asleep on keyboard*

Digging up the past,
To cross that line,
To bury it, one last time.

AmbientFlames

Postby crustine » 4/28/2006, 11:45 am

how much fun was that!!!
<center>~Hope Matters~</center>
<center>Her beauty was disarming, but she had no other resources for dealing with the world.
<center>Image</center>
crustine
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby xjsb125 » 4/28/2006, 1:31 pm

Keagen, Sonya, Christa, my apologies for leaving right after the concert. I was feeling horrible from not eating anything all day and trying to be incospicuouts with a video camera, so I basically ended up back at the hotel unconcious on the floor. Hopefully we'll get to hang out and talk tonight!

This was perhaps the most chaotic show I have ever seen before. However, Raine saved the show by dragging everyone to the front. The crowd was dead until then. I'm interested to see what they will pull off tonight. See you folks there! :D
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Kathy » 4/28/2006, 3:41 pm

can't wait to hear about tonight's show! :D
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby Hope » 4/28/2006, 5:20 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhh i hope they play car crash tonite.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Hope » 4/28/2006, 5:29 pm

*explodes with excitedom*
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Kathy » 4/28/2006, 5:30 pm

great word! :duncan:
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby Sonya » 4/28/2006, 6:04 pm

Hope wrote:ahhhhhhhhhhhh i hope they play car crash tonite.

:nod: :love: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
"if the nuremberg trials were applied to us foreign policy, every us president since 1945 would have been hanged." noam chomsky.

...and this is me hanging on / i'd burn our initials in the sun if it would shine / anxiety chokes me like razor wire / if hate's in your heart man, you'll take what you're given / wake up / i'm not the only one / it's never goodbye / go ahead and play dead / if everyone's a casualty, then take your time, there ain't no trouble / these wounds they will not heal / ambition can be a tricky thing / what the hell do i know about rape anyway? / this is not what i hoped for / ain't it so weird how it makes you a weapon / who will be there to tell me how stupid i am? / those living for death will die by their own hand / and it's me that I am spying on / pick up the pieces and live with the stars / hurry up and wait / things have never been so swell / they're always the ones who slowly drift / be great / ...and this is my world.
Sonya

Postby Sonya » 4/29/2006, 1:46 am

*MIND EXPLOSION*
"if the nuremberg trials were applied to us foreign policy, every us president since 1945 would have been hanged." noam chomsky.

...and this is me hanging on / i'd burn our initials in the sun if it would shine / anxiety chokes me like razor wire / if hate's in your heart man, you'll take what you're given / wake up / i'm not the only one / it's never goodbye / go ahead and play dead / if everyone's a casualty, then take your time, there ain't no trouble / these wounds they will not heal / ambition can be a tricky thing / what the hell do i know about rape anyway? / this is not what i hoped for / ain't it so weird how it makes you a weapon / who will be there to tell me how stupid i am? / those living for death will die by their own hand / and it's me that I am spying on / pick up the pieces and live with the stars / hurry up and wait / things have never been so swell / they're always the ones who slowly drift / be great / ...and this is my world.
Sonya

Postby Kathy » 4/29/2006, 5:10 am

how'd it go last night?!
Kathy

Postby crustine » 4/29/2006, 7:45 am

must have been fun Kathy as it doesnt seem like anyone has posted about it
<center>~Hope Matters~</center>
<center>Her beauty was disarming, but she had no other resources for dealing with the world.
<center>Image</center>
crustine

Postby christa lynn » 4/29/2006, 10:48 am

It was good times. For this show Raine collected the people on the uppermost balcony (there's two balcony levels) to stand at the back of the stage. They switched up the setlist a little (not much) in terms of what songs were played and extensively switched up the ordering.

Also, I got a birthday card signed by OLP and all the CMers who were at the concert. :D And I got my kazoo signed by Duncan, Steve and Joel.
this message brought to you by: astronerds inc. - come to us for all your astro/physics/math curiosities
christa lynn
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Hope » 4/29/2006, 3:28 pm

I SAW YOUR YELLOW KAZOO! that was awesome :lol:
i signed your card, also. happy birthday :mrgreen:

they did the people-on-the-stage thingy at the Friday show. for the ENTIRE show, the people who had the upper balcony seats could sit at the back of the stage... Raine led them to the stage during "where are you".... that was pretty cool.

as christa said, the setlist was pretty much same as Thursday show, but they played "Waited" in place of "Car Crash"... that had me excited.

during like the 2nd song into the OLP set, some kids ran to the aisles to see better, and the security kind of stiffed, so the kids went back to their reserved seats, when Raine said "hey you guys, come back, you can stay there; you guys can all come down" (or something to that affect) and EVERYONE rushed to the front of the theatre to see better, in aisles and everything. it was awesome that that happened, because prior to that, it didn't seem like a real concert to me, when people were sitting down.

i think the best performances were "Superman's Dead" (with the outro jam - :drool:) and Naveed, when Raine had the upper-balcony people come to the front in a big mass.

i got REALLY close to the stage by the end of the show, and at one point i stood up from a chair and got to see OLP eye-level. that was wild and exhilirating.

i saw a whole bunch of CMers. Matt is the friendliest person ever. i saw sooz and sonya and kaegan again. i saw nikki and josh and christa.

i also met Steve and Duncan and Joel, as well as Daniel Victor (of NWL). although the show was energetic, i think meeting OLP was the best part of the night. :mrgreen: i blubbered my words and can't even remember what i said to everybody, though. it was surreal and i can't believe about 14 hours ago i was speaking to members of OLP :GASP:

some other highlights include the NWL performance with Raine for "Liar". Also, Todd Kerns singing "The Grace" was soooooooooooooooo good. i hope that was recorded.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Hope » 4/29/2006, 3:33 pm

PS: SONYA GOT HER I <3 NAKED DUNCAN SHIRT SIGNED.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby afealicious » 4/29/2006, 4:01 pm

HAHA SWEEET!!

you guys have have to post tons of pictures soon :D :D :D
afealicious

Postby neoncrossing » 4/29/2006, 4:10 pm

onl olp.cc the setlist says they played middle of yesterday...looks liike it was in place of starseed....did that happen...cause that would be cool...but they have played starseed at literally every show since they started playing...i cant see them takin it out...but middle of yesterday would be cool to hear again...

can someone that was there clear this up???????
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby Hope » 4/29/2006, 4:13 pm

Nope... no Middle of Yesterday. Starseed, yes.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Random Name » 4/29/2006, 4:14 pm

Ooooooohhh. now I want to hear Middle of Yesterday live. :(

But yay! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

Where is everyone else! I want to hear all about it.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name

Postby afealicious » 4/29/2006, 4:14 pm

blah... looks like they might have been planning for that though!
afealicious

Postby faninor » 4/29/2006, 4:50 pm

I'm back home.

Meeting everyone who was at the shows was wonderful, I can't wait to do it again. :)

Rich and Shelley's setlist is incorrect, there was no Middle of Yesterday either night. There were a few other differences between the nights too, on the 28th they added Walking in Circles with a partial cover of Grace, Too in the middle of it. I think this might have replaced Is Anybody Home for the second night, as I don't remember hearing that one, but I'm not sure.

Raine invited a couple audience members up on stage to sing 4am instead of the usual crowd singalong thing, and one of the two girls messed up the very first line and then they messed up some more, and Jeremy had to walk over and tell them to stop. Then they got this guy from the audience to come up, who proceeded to mess up the first line as well, but he started over and corrected himself. He had a decent voice, I bet he tried out for Canadian Idol.

Raine also said some nice things about UltraStar (the .net company) onstage, including that they're silly people and that they're fired. The part about them being fired was a joke, though. There seemed to be an UltraStar employee (Maria?) in the front row of the audience, because there was a lady there who wasn't familiar with any of the music, and when Raine did this she became upset and started saying things like "I can't believe he's doing this, I can't believe he's doing this."
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

PreviousNext