ClumsyMonkey.net

The UPC Game!

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

The UPC Game!

Postby bovine » 5/7/2003, 8:52 pm

I thought of a great way to expose you all (as well as myself) to some great music. Pick 3 cds from your collection and type just the UPC codes (bar code #s) here on the board (No artist/song/style/album info allowed). The next person on the board will pick one of the three and will go to http://half.ebay.com/products/music/index.cfm and do a UPC search for the number they (randomly) picked. If they already own the album or have heard it several times, just come back here and post a short review. If you've never heard the album, try to d/l a couple songs (preferably from that album, but others from that artist would be ok if you can't find any from that exact album) and post here with what you think of them (you should expose what the artist and cd was once you give a review)! Then, the person who posts the (short) review will post 3 UPCs from their cds and it will start over again. Just remember, the small numbers on either side of the number ARE included and there are NOT spaces or dashes despite what may be beneath the actual bar code. ok, I'll start...

oh, one other thing... you don't need to post bands that have like all #1 hits, but don't post something so obscure that someone won't be able to find a d/l fairly easily. Also, no OLP, I should hope we all know their stuff around here :lol:

I hope you can all understand this...it all seemed fairly simple in my mind, but when I wrote it out, it kind of seemed like it might be confusing :oops: Well, let's see if it can be done! :)

:::troy:::

Brutus is an honorable man
It's just coincidence that oil men will wage war in an oil rich land
And this one goes out to my man taking cover in the trenches with a gun in his hand
Then gets home and no one flinches when he can't feed his fam...

But Brutus is an honorable man...

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 5/7/2003, 9:20 pm

I'm sorry i'm too stupid for this game :neutral:
xoNoDoubt69
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby luckyJQ9 » 5/7/2003, 9:29 pm

i got the game...and it looks really great...but i'm just too lazy...and i don't have kazaa so i can't download the needed songs. :(
luckyJQ9

Postby areusad831 » 5/7/2003, 9:50 pm

Eve 6- Horoscope

Hmm, my brother has this cd and I have listened a few times. They sang that Heres to the Night song that was played at proms two years ago. They have some amusing lyrics and I saw them in concert for free at Six Flags they put on a decent show. The song Promise was a pretty big single here too. I think the best song on the cd has to be Rescue Me so go download it.

Was that good enough for ya?

my 3 cds

old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby bovine » 5/8/2003, 7:43 am

Everclear - Songs From An American Movie Vol. 2

I own this album. Pretty good cd overall. The stand-out tracks are When It All Goes Wrong Again, Rock Star, and Misery Whip. I don't think that either of the "American Movie" cds are anywhere near as good as their first three, but, like I said, it's still good! I still haven't picked up the latest Everclear...probably will...at some point...

And this one goes out to my man taking cover in the trenches with a gun in his hand

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby bovine » 5/8/2003, 7:47 am

xonodoubt69 wrote:I'm sorry i'm too stupid for this game :neutral:

You should try it, I think it's easier when you actually do it than when you read my explanation. If you screw it up I promise we won't laugh at you...well, I promise I won't laugh at the very least :lol: <----not at you :)

- Saul Williams
bovine