ClumsyMonkey.net

Curses, Spells, and Bad Luck.

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Curses, Spells, and Bad Luck.

Postby Bandalero » 3/9/2003, 11:48 pm

I was out in the country today, and it's freaky as hell at night. You hear all sorts of shit, and being across the street from a cemetary doesn't help. but anyway, for some reason we were talking about trees and the place just got creepier. First off, there is this piece of land that we drove by, where someone hung themself a long time ago, and a coach of mine bought the land, and put up a house. well a hail storm came by and busted up the spanish tile he had on the roof. then he decided to put up a metal roof, and a wind storm came and opened it up like a can of sardines. then the foundation slipped and cracked the house in two. his marrage failed, and to top it off, the house just burned to the ground a few months ago. but anyway back to the trees, i pointed out to my uncle that he sould move a tree that's way too big. but he was like no...never, not that tree. :wtf:

uncle: it's bad luck to plant or to replant a palo blanco (that type of tree that i pointed to, i don't think that's it's real name).
me: yeah...sure, i hear some strange shit but...
uncle: but nothng your suppose to let them grow wild by themselves, i'm telling you that it's bad luck. your grandfather first bought this property here and there was nothing at all, and he planted a palo blanco over there (pointing out another old palo blanco, rotted to the core) and everyone was telling him hey don't do it, your going to get bad luck, but he didn't belive them. well anyway, after he planted that tree your dad, you Uncle Manuel, and your Uncle Mateo got drafted into the army, and your Uncle Mateo was killed in Vietnam. when he got the news, he went out to the tree and set that mother fucker on fire, just poured gasoline on it, lit it and kept swinging the ax at it, while it was still burning. :wtf:

there's something about the name Mateo Ruelas too, my greatgrandfather had a brother that died from a disease at a young age named Mateo. my grandfather had a brother too, that died falling off a horse, and my uncle died in Vietnam.

I was never the supersticous type but everytime i go out there i always here stories that just scare the hell out of me. but what do you guys think? are spells, curses, and bad luck real?
Whenever death may surprise us,
let it be welcome
if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear
and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Nobody's gonna miss me, no tears will fall, no ones gonna weap, when i hit that road.
my boots are broken my brain is sore, fer keepin' up with thier little world, i got a heavy load.
gonna leave 'em all just like before, i'm big city bound, your always 17 in your hometown
Bandalero

Postby Joey » 3/9/2003, 11:50 pm

I definitely believe in stuff like that :nod:

Study the religion of Wicca .. lots of nature based spells and things like that.

Bad luck is real for everyone I'm afraid :lol:
Joey

Postby Johnny » 3/9/2003, 11:57 pm

I have bad luck, always falling down and hurting myself...its either that or I'm a clutz :clumsy:
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby superrgirll » 3/9/2003, 11:58 pm

i walk under ladders all the time at work. is that bad?
-lori
she's a fool for the last living rock king
http://www.livejournal.com/~got_to_get_away/

HARDCORE!
superrgirll
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Joey » 3/9/2003, 11:58 pm

I'm not supersticious about stuff like black cats or walking under a ladder or opening an umbrella in the house (my mom hates that)

but other things I am ..
Joey

Postby Bandalero » 3/10/2003, 12:02 am

I don't know what it is about that town (called Palito Blanco) but for some reason that place has some weird stories that just boggle the mind. Anybody got any scary stories about their respected region or city? do share. :nod:
let it be welcome

Nobody's gonna miss me, no tears will fall, no ones gonna weap, when i hit that road.
my boots are broken my brain is sore, fer keepin' up with thier little world, i got a heavy load.
gonna leave 'em all just like before, i'm big city bound, your always 17 in your hometown
Bandalero

Postby Joey » 3/10/2003, 12:07 am

Apparently we have a haunted tunnel here .. I don't really know the full story .. I think people were killed there and apparently they still haunt the tunnel now .. weird ..
Joey

Postby Johnny » 3/10/2003, 12:13 am

OoOOOoooOooo scary
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Bandalero » 3/10/2003, 12:14 am

Palito Blanco has two cemetaries, and on the other cemetary there is this old abandoned house right across from it. well anyway this guy was arguing with his chick late one night and he actually slapped her. then he got into his car, and drove in from town. well he was driving right by that cemetary and he saw a woman wearing white move across the street fast, from the cemetary into that abandoned house. it scared the shit out of him, and for close to 10 years he didn't leave his house. i can understand the ghost thing but i find it really weird that he didn't leave his house for 10 years.
let it be welcome

Bandalero

Postby Joey » 3/10/2003, 12:20 am

That would of freaked me out huge .. I believe in ghosts and spirits and all that so if I saw that I would have peed my pants :lol:

I love being scared and love scary movies .. as long as I'm not alone. My ex and I watched Blair Witch late at night and I made him bring the night light out from the bathroom into the bedroom and I was convinced something was trying to get in from my balcony

8O
Joey

Postby Johnny » 3/10/2003, 12:31 am

Did you see Signs?
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Joey » 3/10/2003, 12:32 am

No but I want too since I'm in love with Mel Gibson :D
Joey

Postby Johnny » 3/10/2003, 12:32 am

When I saw it...i found it hard to sleep that night :(
It freaked me out :wtf: :freak:
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Johnny » 3/10/2003, 12:35 am

You'll like it for sure
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Joey » 3/10/2003, 12:37 am

I've heard both good and bad reviews of it .. but I love anything with Mel Gibson in it .. plus I thought it looked good so I'm sure I'll like it ..
Joey

Postby Johnny » 3/10/2003, 12:40 am

it is good...freaky but good
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby ArlieKoz13 » 3/10/2003, 11:09 am

Signs is a great movie. It was good for me because it wasn't like horribly scary because I can't deal with scary movies. It was really creepy though.

Yeah, but anyways, there's things in my room, and I really don't want them to show themselves to me because that's just not cool. I can deal with the noises and stuff, but...
Don't say we're healing when it's just not what we do...
ArlieKoz13

Postby committed » 3/10/2003, 12:15 pm

between christmas break and when i dropped out of school, my house became haunted and it's pissing me off
we are the brand new beatniks. we are the down and outers.
we are the bleeding hearts, beating syncopated, broken rhythm.
our speed is often break neck. we need to slow it down.
tired of being sleepless. tired of being broken.

committed

Postby One-Eye » 3/10/2003, 12:20 pm

I spent a few nights in a haunted convent on a school-mandated retreat. I'm telling you, if there's anything scarier than a live nun, its a dead one.
One-Eye

Postby Johnny » 3/10/2003, 1:41 pm

creepy
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Next