ClumsyMonkey.net

Anyone studying in the Toronto area?

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Anyone studying in the Toronto area?

Postby Fabio_kun » 1/8/2012, 10:28 pm

People, I'm starting to work on my plans to move to Toronto for at least one year next year. I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of the George Brown College or have heard good things about it.

I'm thinking of applying for a postgraduate Design Management course. I've already got a bachelor degree in Graphic Design.

Anyone studying or in college in Toronto?
Fabio_kun

Postby katshimmers » 1/10/2012, 11:33 am

Well.. I read it ;) but can't help you! If I meet any Toronto folk I'll ask for you :)
katshimmers

Postby Fabio_kun » 1/11/2012, 8:42 am

Thanks for your reply, Kat.

In my case I got a bachelors degree in Design and I've been working for one of Brasil's leading e-Learning and corporate education companies for over 3 years. I plan on leaving to Canada to study and to hopefully move and get a job in my area.

I don't really plan on living in Toronto. I've been there before and I think that it being a big city it may be a bit saturated with immigrants. I'd try Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg. I'd never move to the french side of Canada because I don't speak a single word of french. LOL.

I just wanted to hear your perception on things because you're a native english speaker. Even though I've studied english all my life and I've been to english speaking countries many times it still isn't my native language.

Do you plan on staying there for good?
Fabio_kun

Postby katshimmers » 1/14/2012, 1:24 pm

Hey, no worries.

Cool, well like I said - you've got a good plan! Now its time to put it into action!
Edmonton is great - I spent a few days there over a year ago (seeing OLP actually) and it was nice.
The French thing really only seems to apply to Quebec, but yeah if your not comfortable with it and don't plan on learning - I would avoid living there - but definitely visit! Montreal and Quebec City were both beautiful!

I plan on being in Canada for a while yet... just need to get a job! LOL

Happy planning!
katshimmers