ClumsyMonkey.net

Web Hosting Recommendations?

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Web Hosting Recommendations?

Postby DG » 2/23/2010, 7:48 pm

I've been currently looking to finally publish my website, but I never imagined how damn hard it is to pick a web host. By reading reviews it seems like their isn't a good one out there. I don't know how many of you have a website, but if you do, I would like to hear your recommendations on a host.
DG

Postby myownsatellite » 2/23/2010, 8:11 pm

I think mine is through Always Web Hosting. It's not too expensive ($25 a year I think), and they leave me alone (no spam). They provide some convenient stuff for your site (extra domains, e-mail addresses, FTP, among other things that I can't remember) and it's no hassle to sign up (at least it wasn't when I signed up several years ago).

Decent storage space but you can always upgrade it I think. Now if only I could figure out how to code my site (or even what I want it to be since my original concept went out the window).

http://www.alwayswebhosting.com/

A quick look at their website shows that their prices have changed since I signed up...I wonder if I'm on some sort of renewal plan because I only pay $25 a year, not $10/month.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby xjsb125 » 2/23/2010, 9:12 pm

The CM is hosted through HostRocket, and my personal site is through Webmasters. I think the CM costs 14 a month.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby faninor » 2/24/2010, 2:21 am

My webhosting is like $3/year but closed to new members.

freepgs = win
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Fabio_kun » 2/28/2010, 2:00 am

Godaddy.com is a pretty famous one.
Fabio_kun

Re: Web Hosting Recommendations?

Postby bradman » 5/13/2013, 12:51 am

DG wrote:I've been currently looking to finally publish my website, but I never imagined how damn hard it is to pick a web host. By reading reviews it seems like their isn't a good one out there. I don't know how many of you have a website, but if you do, I would like to hear your recommendations on a host.

Before Choosing a Web hosting, you need to have a review about their Company's Existence, Product, Quality, Price, Ratings and Customer Feedback etc.. I had created a site and hosted it using Thewebpole.com . This offers Shared, VPS and Dedicated Hosting at cheap cost. You can choose any plan which suits your needs and requirements for the site. This service is very secure because i had hosted my sites for more than 3 years and also reliable with 24/7 customer support.
bradman