ClumsyMonkey.net

Battlestar Galactica: The Final Episodes

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Postby saman » 3/20/2009, 10:30 pm

so, everything was brilliant. when caprica and baltar walk into the cic with hera and see the final five like in the opera house, that was powerful. and then the final five promise to give cavill ressurection, i was so mad because it was another step in the continuation of the cycle. but then tyrol finds out tori killed callie and all hell breaks loose, and cavill ends up blowing his brains out. awesome!

except the very end. it was like everything was good and done, and then the creators realized they still had 25 minutes to kill. sure, the goodbyes were sad, especially starbuck (what was up with that, anyway? she was a ghost all along?) and laura's, but they were so drawn out, and the whole flash forward to "today" with the robots and caprica and baltar was so unnecessary.

but overall, excellent finale.
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Johnny » 3/21/2009, 1:35 am

Yeah, the first 90 or so minutes was awesome and I was shouting 'shoot' when the ship jumped into the Colony, but then it got quiet real fast. And I'm still confused about Kara, I mean, wtf was she?

And I liked the end with Caprica and Baltar. I was hoping that they'd show what happens to the settles, but I was surprised that they wound up creating our civilization. But didn't they land on Earth before? I mean, could you not make out the state of florida from the shots they showed? Or am I missing something...again?
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby saman » 3/21/2009, 3:27 pm

that was another planet, called earth by the original settlers. this planet, our planet, is a different one. it was just named earth in honour of the original earth.

so i was thinking about hera being the mitochondrial eve, and everyone being descended from her, and i realized it was kind of a retarded concept. if hera was only one of two people alive, the other one being male, it would make sense. but when the bsg crew populated earth, there were a ton of them, and most of them weren't even related to hera. so how the heck can hera be the sole originator of the human race? unless, i don't know, every single other person on the planet died without reproducing, and hera and some other dude were the only ones left.
saman

Postby Johnny » 3/22/2009, 4:31 pm

Well, maybe thats why Hara was considered special by everyone. Perhaps she's the progenitor of the new human/cylon race?
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Previous