ClumsyMonkey.net

Web design question

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Web design question

Postby Henrietta » 4/7/2008, 3:56 pm

So I am trying to come up with some colors that would look good on a redesign of a site I'm working on. I know that some brighter colors will work, but every color scheme program I can find will only suggest to me really soft pastel colors. Does anyone know of a good program that I can use to find cool colors that will go with my site?
Henrietta

Postby xjsb125 » 4/7/2008, 3:57 pm

Maybe ask the pros at Sherwin-Williams?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Henrietta » 4/7/2008, 4:21 pm

I'm laughing. Inside.
Henrietta

Postby myownsatellite » 4/7/2008, 5:44 pm

Well you don't need pastels or even brights to be eye-popping - sometimes muted blues, reds and greens can be very helpful too. Personally, if a webpage is really bright I can't look at it, whereas if it's more muted I will have no problem staring at it for hours.

Some of my favorite colors to work with are (approximate hex codes since they can all be adjusted):

#3470A2
#EA2A72
#4C9E90
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Kicker774 » 4/7/2008, 9:07 pm

Blues are nice just watch out when putting hyperlinks in.
Or just program them a different color.

If your have a logo it might be nice to greyscale it and put a dithered or embossed version of it and set it as a static background.

Are you doing just some minor updates and color changes? Or a drastic overhaul? Try to keep your audience in mind if there's a drastic overhaul and you put links in different places it can be distracting to frequent visitors.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Henrietta » 4/7/2008, 10:16 pm

My boss is doing a total redesign. I have a screen shot and I'm trying to figure out a flash banner and the colors that could be included.
Henrietta

Postby Kicker774 » 4/8/2008, 8:14 am

Post up the screen shot
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby gravity » 4/8/2008, 10:42 am

<center><p><center>:brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: </center>

<center>Image</center>
gravity

Postby myownsatellite » 4/8/2008, 2:00 pm

That's funny, one of my friends just posted that link on her journal too.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Henrietta » 4/8/2008, 8:28 pm

Oh that's cool. Thanks for the link. I'll send the screen shot but I can't post it. I'm not sure on the level of confidentiality at the moment.
Henrietta