ClumsyMonkey.net

Favorite Cinematic Experiences/Moments

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Favorite Cinematic Experiences/Moments

Postby Johnny » 1/27/2008, 1:09 am

As the title says, what are some of your favorite moments in movies you've seen?

Landon, I expect to hear alot out of you!

Ed Norton's Bathroom monoluge in the 25th Hour is at the top of my list:

"Well, fuck you, too. Fuck me, fuck you, fuck this whole city and everyone in it. Fuck the panhandlers, grubbing for money, and smiling at me behind my back. Fuck the squeegee men dirtying up the clean windshield of my car. Get a fucking job! Fuck the Sikhs and the Pakistanis bombing down the avenues in decrepit cabs, curry steaming out their pores, stinking up my day. Terrorists in fucking training. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN! Fuck the Chelsea boys with their waxed chests and pumped up biceps. Going down on each other in my parks and on my piers, jingling their dicks on my Channel 35. Fuck the Korean grocers with their pyramids of overpriced fruit and their tulips and roses wrapped in plastic. Ten years in the country, still no speaky English? Fuck the Russians in Brighton Beach. Mobster thugs sitting in cafés, sipping tea in little glasses, sugar cubes between their teeth. Wheelin' and dealin' and schemin'. Go back where you fucking came from! Fuck the black-hatted Chassidim, strolling up and down 47th street in their dirty gabardine with their dandruff. Selling South African apartheid diamonds! Fuck the Wall Street brokers. Self-styled masters of the universe. Michael Douglas, Gordon Gekko wannabe mother fuckers, figuring out new ways to rob hard working people blind. Send those Enron assholes to jail for FUCKING LIFE! You think Bush and Cheney didn't know about that shit? Give me a fucking break! Tyco! Worldcom! Fuck the Puerto Ricans. 20 to a car, swelling up the welfare rolls, worst fuckin' parade in the city. And don't even get me started on the Dom-in-i-cans, 'cause they make the Puerto Ricans look good. Fuck the Bensonhurst Italians with their pomaded hair, their nylon warm-up suits, their St. Anthony medallions, swinging their, Jason Giambi, Louisville slugger, baseball bats, trying to audition for the Sopranos. Fuck the Upper East Side wives with their Hermes scarves and their fifty-dollar Balducci artichokes. Overfed faces getting pulled and lifted and stretched, all taut and shiny. You're not fooling anybody, sweetheart! Fuck the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take five steps on every lay-up to the hoop. And then they want to turn around and blame everything on the white man. Slavery ended one hundred and thirty seven years ago. Move the fuck on! Fuck the corrupt cops with their anus violating plungers and their 41 shots, standing behind a blue wall of silence. You betray our trust! Fuck the priests who put their hands down some innocent child's pants. Fuck the church that protects them, delivering us into evil. And while you're at it, fuck JC! He got off easy! A day on the cross, a weekend in hell, and all the hallelujahs of the legioned angels for eternity! Try seven years in fuckin' Otisville, J! Fuck Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist assholes everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fuel fire in hell. You towel headed camel jockeys can kiss my royal Irish ass! Fuck Jacob Elinsky, whining malcontent. Fuck Francis Xavier Slaughtery my best friend, judging me while he stares at my girlfriend's ass. Fuck Naturelle Riviera, I gave her my trust and she stabbed me in the back, sold me up the river, fucking bitch. Fuck my father with his endless grief, standing behind that bar sipping on club sodas, selling whisky to firemen, cheering the Bronx bombers. Fuck this whole city and everyone in it. From the row-houses of Astoria to the penthouses on Park Avenue, from the projects in the Bronx to the lofts in Soho. From the tenements in Alphabet City to the brownstones in Park slope to the split-levels in Staten Island. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn to fucking ash and then let the waters rise and submerge this whole rat-infested place.

[pause]

No. No, fuck you, Montgomery Brogan. You had it all, and you threw it away, you dumb fuck! "

\m/
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby ihatethunderbay » 1/27/2008, 2:23 am

Two in Ong-Bak: Tony Jaa leaps over a wall of flame, his pants on fire, and kicks the fuck out of a thug, and then the thug catches on fire. Next, when he delivers a flying knee to this guy on a dirtbike and cracks the guy's helmet open with his goddamn knee of death.

In American Psycho: "D'you like Huey Lewis and the News?" and the resulting scene

In Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children: Tifa vs. Loz in the church

hooray violence
hating thunder bay since 2003
ihatethunderbay

Postby Neil » 1/27/2008, 3:28 am

I like the scene in Halo2 where Master Chief sends the bomb off the space station and into the side of the Covenant fighter; himself. That was a good scene. What a dude!
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Neil » 1/27/2008, 3:31 am

The original "ROTFLMAO" video I saw on youtube done with World of Warcraft characters was pretty funny, too. Does that count?
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil

Postby myownsatellite » 1/27/2008, 1:10 pm

ONE of my favorites is the "Roxanne" dance in Moulin Rouge, because it's so well-done and I love watching dancing.

But I have a ton more favorites.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Re: Favorite Cinematic Experiences/Moments

Postby Johnny » 1/27/2008, 6:28 pm

Wash wrote:Landon, I expect to hear alot out of you!

Ahem!
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Johnny » 1/28/2008, 8:32 pm

Lando fails!

This brilliant right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuEiHT3BR8U
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby trentm32 » 1/28/2008, 10:21 pm

The scene early on in Cloverfield where Hud whirls around, and right behind him tanks and hummers and army dudes are careening down the street with rockets and gunfire toward the monster.

My jaw hit the floor.
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

<a href="http://www.soundthesirens.com">SoundTheSirens.com</a>
trentm32
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby Lando » 1/28/2008, 10:23 pm

Wash wrote:Lando fails!

This brilliant right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuEiHT3BR8U

i'll get to it when i have the brain power to focus on such things, my mind is occupied as of late.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Johnny » 1/28/2008, 10:37 pm

Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Axtech » 1/30/2008, 12:33 pm

ihatethunderbay wrote:In American Psycho: "D'you like Huey Lewis and the News?" and the resulting scene

I have to return some video tapes...
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby Random Name » 1/30/2008, 3:35 pm

trentm32 wrote:The scene early on in Cloverfield where Hud whirls around, and right behind him tanks and hummers and army dudes are careening down the street with rockets and gunfire toward the monster.

My jaw hit the floor.

Just Cloverfield. Just the whole thing.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Joanne » 2/3/2008, 1:18 am

There's so many from We Are Marshall.
and Danny Vinyard's speech thing at the end of American History X
Joanne

find me via facebook
Joanne