ClumsyMonkey.net

Next Batman movie: The Dark Knight

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Postby Axtech » 1/23/2008, 8:27 am

Lando wrote:It's gotta be suicide. He had pills all around him. Unless it was murder and someone put pills all around his body, it's got to be suicide. I mean the timing of it, before he had an appointment with someone (he wanted to be found) and the fact that if he accidentally took too many and they killed him, he would've closed the bottle and put it away, he wouldn't be holding a bottle allowing pills to spill everywhere if he accidentally took too many.

Official police reports are saying that the pills were just sleeping pills in a bottle on his night table, not all around him as originally reported. They found no illegal drugs and there was no evidence that he'd been drinking. He had pneumonia at the time, as well as insomnia (having mentioning in previous interviews that he was only sleeping a couple of hours a night). Sounds to me like it was an accidental mixing of medication, if anything...

In any case, there will be some more official news after today.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby Lando » 1/23/2008, 5:22 pm

Yeah if the pills were on the night stand then it doesn't sound like suicide as much. More like accidental death.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby myownsatellite » 1/23/2008, 6:36 pm

Axtech wrote:Official police reports are saying that the pills were just sleeping pills in a bottle on his night table, not all around him as originally reported. They found no illegal drugs and there was no evidence that he'd been drinking. He had pneumonia at the time, as well as insomnia (having mentioning in previous interviews that he was only sleeping a couple of hours a night). Sounds to me like it was an accidental mixing of medication, if anything...

In any case, there will be some more official news after today.

I work with a bunch of nurses and I was talking to one of them who said that taking Ambien while having pneumonia could very well have caused his death since it shuts down some sort of breathing function (I can't remember exactly what she said) which combined with the pneumonia could become lethal.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Neil » 1/23/2008, 6:52 pm

Why would he have been naked, or was that a fallacy because I heard he was found naked.

This whole thing is goofy, to me.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Lando » 1/23/2008, 7:17 pm

yeah maybe he sleeps in the nude. i dunno...
Lando

Postby myownsatellite » 1/23/2008, 8:21 pm

I sleep naked most of the time.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Random Name » 1/23/2008, 8:36 pm

Cause he is a sexy man. and sexy men should be naked as often as possible.

Does anyone think this is going to give weird attention to the movie now? o_O Like Everyone already knew that he was going to steal the movie... but I kind of dread all the special features they are going to pump out from it, which is a shame. He was a great actor and shouldn't be exploited like that.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby myownsatellite » 1/23/2008, 9:35 pm

What I find to be lame are the people who say "I was going to wait for the DVD, but now I'm DEFINITELY going to go see it in theatres!"
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Johnny » 1/23/2008, 10:15 pm

I'm naked right now, to be perfectly honest. :I
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby Neil » 1/23/2008, 11:05 pm

:lol:
Neil

Postby Lando » 1/24/2008, 2:57 am

myownsatellite wrote:What I find to be lame are the people who say "I was going to wait for the DVD, but now I'm DEFINITELY going to go see it in theatres!"

I totally agree. A man's death doesn't make the movie any better. A decision shouldn't be made on such an event either.
Lando

Postby Kicker774 » 1/24/2008, 11:22 am

Lando wrote:
myownsatellite wrote:What I find to be lame are the people who say "I was going to wait for the DVD, but now I'm DEFINITELY going to go see it in theatres!"

I totally agree. A man's death doesn't make the movie any better. A decision shouldn't be made on such an event either.

It could depend on the person.

Look at Brandon Lee and The Crow. (Brandon Lee was accidentally killed shooting some of the final scenes)

Comparing Brandon Lee to Heath Ledger may be Apples to Oranges.

From my POV Leger was most notably known for being a teenie bopper hearthrop and starring in such film aimed at teenie boppers. While he may had come along with more serious roles thats how I've seen him.

So yes seeing Batman just because he died is kind of stupid.

Brandon Lee on the other hand had more talent than just your average actor. While he wasn't quite legendary, he wasn't just another cookie cutter actor.

So I can see why people would be more like to see his last film because of his death. Kind of that one last time to see him.

Canadian Bacon was John Candys last film if I'm correct. I don't know much about his personal life but even if he was a boozer and abuser off the screen he always came off as a good hearted fun loving guy on screen.

So getting up and seeing his last moments on film could be seen as a sort of paying respects to him.

I guess it all depends on who the person is.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Henrietta » 1/24/2008, 2:47 pm

I love Ten Things I Hate About You...but that is the only movie I can think of where he seems like a teen heart throb. I remember him mostly for movies like The Patriot and those period movies. I think he has a lot more talent than you're giving him.

I think Batman looked awesome before all this. But it will attract a lot more people. Sad, but true.
Henrietta

Postby Lando » 1/24/2008, 4:59 pm

Yeah that was really the only teen movie he did. He also did A Knight's Tale, but that wasn't aimed at teen audiences exactly. Also, I've seen most of Brandon Lee's movies. They really aren't that good. He was just another Martial Artist like Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal in the late 80's early 90's. Those are the types of movies he did too, besides the crow and honestly, they're not all that good. Nothing special above any other martial arts movies of that era.

Also John Candy's final movie was Wagon's East. Just in case you were wondering. It was still filming or finishing up filming as he died.

Also "paying tribute" to an actor who died, doesn't mean you should change your plans on how you're going to see the movie. If you're going to see it to pay tribute to the actor's career. You can still see it on DVD. It's stupid if a person says "I'm definitely seeing this in theatres now!" because an actor in the film has died.

Unless Heath Ledger convinced the studio to give him profit shares of the movie, which raaaaaarely happens, it only really happens if a studio NEEDS that person to be in the film, such as a sequel that wouldn't work without the same actor reprising his/her role as the main character. Even then it's rare. Tobey Maguire tried to get profit sharing for the spider-man sequels but they wouldn't give it to him. What I mean by this is, if Heath Ledger isn't getting a profit share from the movie, then he's not getting anything out of people deciding they now want to see the movie in theatres. He's been paid his fee for acting already and his daughter won't see any more money from theatre ticket sales, dvd sales, merchandising or anything. So it really doesn't matter how you see the film.

The only people that are going to get even more rich because of this tragedy are the studio big wigs. Because so many dumbasses out there are going to see the movie just because he died, they'll rake in tons more money. I mean the movie was going to do extremely well in the first place, but now they get all this extra cash from morons going to see the movie just because of Heath's demise. It basically serves as a huge publicity stunt for the studio. As sad and as sick as that sounds, there are people in Hollywood who are actually happy that he died, because now they're going to make even more money because of this.
Lando

Postby myownsatellite » 1/24/2008, 11:06 pm

Kicker774 wrote:It could depend on the person.

Look at Brandon Lee and The Crow. (Brandon Lee was accidentally killed shooting some of the final scenes)

Comparing Brandon Lee to Heath Ledger may be Apples to Oranges.

From my POV Leger was most notably known for being a teenie bopper hearthrop and starring in such film aimed at teenie boppers. While he may had come along with more serious roles thats how I've seen him.

So yes seeing Batman just because he died is kind of stupid.

Brandon Lee on the other hand had more talent than just your average actor. While he wasn't quite legendary, he wasn't just another cookie cutter actor.

So I can see why people would be more like to see his last film because of his death. Kind of that one last time to see him.

Canadian Bacon was John Candys last film if I'm correct. I don't know much about his personal life but even if he was a boozer and abuser off the screen he always came off as a good hearted fun loving guy on screen.

So getting up and seeing his last moments on film could be seen as a sort of paying respects to him.

I guess it all depends on who the person is.

I think that's kind of a ... misinformed, maybe misguided statement. He's done more serious roles than "teeny bopper" roles, as Lando said. Did you see Monster's Ball? Candy? Any of those movies? Serious shit, and he was an amazing actor. Sure he got picked on for Brokeback Mountain but he also got a lot of critical acclaim because of what that movie did for the gay community. So, I don't know why you see him as portraying only that kind of character, but I don't really think you're right and I don't think that's why his fans loved him so much.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Neil » 1/24/2008, 11:08 pm

Damn!!!!! (sits down)
Neil

Postby Kicker774 » 1/24/2008, 11:25 pm

myownsatellite wrote:He's done more serious roles than "teeny bopper" roles, as Lando said.

I'm sure he has but that's what he was known best as, a teeniebopper heart throb on the front of Tigerbeat magazine.

Maybe not to an extent as a Justin Timberlake type but filled that role nonetheless.

So naturally I try and pay as little attention as possible to those types.

I'm not saying I'm glad he's dead or anything, just saying there are more impactful deaths out there than Keith Leger.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby myownsatellite » 1/24/2008, 11:28 pm

Again, that's what YOU know him best for. That is not what his career is remembered as.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Henrietta » 1/25/2008, 12:32 am

Yeah, since when has he been on the cover of Tigerbeat? I think they dropped him way before he even got round to Brokeback.
Henrietta

Postby laurel » 1/25/2008, 2:33 am

Kicker774 wrote:
myownsatellite wrote:He's done more serious roles than "teeny bopper" roles, as Lando said.

I'm sure he has but that's what he was known best as, a teeniebopper heart throb on the front of Tigerbeat magazine.

Maybe not to an extent as a Justin Timberlake type but filled that role nonetheless.

So naturally I try and pay as little attention as possible to those types.

I'm not saying I'm glad he's dead or anything, just saying there are more impactful deaths out there than Keith Leger.

...i've never known him as a 'teeny bopper' actor. zac efron? that's teeny bopper. as cass said, he hasn't been on the front of tiger beat type magazines for years. and have you looked up his imdb movie list? the only really well known 'teeny bopper' type movie was ten things i hate about you. and that was eight years ago now. he had moved on from those types of roles.

i would majorly argue against your opinion that he filled that 'teeny bopper' role. sure, maybe a long while ago he was on the cover of teen magazines, but that's changed as he matured as an actor. lots of actors go from teen magazines on upwards. he also shied away from the press a lot, especially after he was in a relationship and had his daughter. those 'teeny boppers' you talk of sure don't do that. again, case in point, zac efron.

he was not 'one of those types' at all. he didn't seek teenage girl's attention. he did what he loved, and he got stuck on the covers of magazines, as all actors do at some point. but he developed a pretty impressive back catalogue, and i'm sure he would have continued to mature and grow had life turned out differently for him.

i don't follow a lot of actors...heck, i've barely seen any of heath ledger's movies. but something about the air about him demanded a level of respect. he did what he loved, he stayed out of the scandals, and he was building what would have been a great career.

and seriously. keith leger? really? you messed up the name that badly?

you may have the opinion he's a teeny bopper actor. that's fine. just support it with evidence. and as much as you may not have liked him, show some basic respect for the deceased.
laurel

PreviousNext